A TEAM BUILDING ACTIVITY
A Verbatim project is a participatory encounter (team building activity/retreat, workshop, residency) in which a group of people, a business/organization or a larger community creates and performs an original work of music theatre about their own lives and experiences. Working with small groups for a day or more, or facilitating larger projects lasting up to a year, The Verbatim Project builds "social capital", teamwork and leads to a stronger sense of community.
A musical theatre piece whose text comes directly, word-for-word, from gathered dialogue. A program in which such a piece is created and performed by members of a community.
1111Starting from the familiar, the immediate
and the everyday, Verbatim begins the team building activity by facilitating
an awareness of the important values that your organization shares. These key
principles underpin the organization and motivate the people who make it run,
the individuals who lead it, and those whom the organization serves.
1111The process is active and the voices of the participants are heard concerning their daily lives, their experiences, their hopes and fears. The final production uses musical theatre as the method of expression. The participants, oftentimes without previous stage experience, are empowered to create and play out their roles on stage...
"This project pushed people with diverse views together to work as a team.
We connected on cultural and human levels. We built respect for each other
and an ability to support others in their differences. It created bonds
re: Peterborough Verbatim
PAST VERBATIM PROJECTS
- The Village Store Verbatim, New Hampshire (1991)
- St. Thomas Verbatim, University of St. Thomas, Minneapolis, Minnesota (1994-1995)
- Do They Just Sing All Day? - American Boychoir School, Princeton, New Jersey (1995)
- Hotel Nelson, New Hampshire (1997)
- Tales of Worthington, Minnesota (1999)
- Bridge of Dreams, - Mid-Atlantic Arts Foundation, Artists and Communities: America Creates for the Millennium, Harts, West Virginia (2000)
- Harrisville Weavings, New Hampshire (2001)
- Verbatim of Oxford Hills, Maine (2001)
- The New Hampshire Character for the NH Charitable Foundation Fortieth Anniversary Celebration, (2002)
- Three-day corporate retreat for Residential Resources, Inc. - New Hampshire (2003)
- Rumplestiltskin and the Battle of East Milkweed, a Continentaol harmony project through the American Composers Forum - Montpelier, Vermont (2003)
- Fall Mountain Verbatim, New Hampshire (2004)
- Peterborough Verbatim, New Hampshire (2004)